Tuesday 18 September 2012

I love Lego!


Lego is by far and away the best toy that has ever been made.  I love it.  I have too much of it for a man my age and I spend too much time playing with it.  But what's not to love?  It's indestructible, colourful, easy to use and can take you down endless avenues of invention and creativity.  I've built boats, bridges, houses, robots, pets, cars and spaceships - endless spaceships.   I must have got my first lego set when I was less than 10 and 30+ years later I'm still loving it.  All hail Ole_Kirk_Christiansen!

And I'm definitely an amateur when it comes to being an AFOL (Adult Fan Of Lego).  Take a look at this house and this spaceship to see what the pros are capable of.

Here's a couple of my favorite models that I have built.  Click on the links to see more!

Firstly the family camper van - this is my favorite of all time.  I still can't bring myself to break this one up.   I'm very proud of the green awning.  Press a button inside the roof and some clockwork retracts it. (Plus this is my best lego photography using the home made studio I knocked up - another time...)


Like I say, I have to fight an urge to always build a spaceship.  Here's what happens when I don't resist, the Stealth Fighter.  The photo isn't a deliberate attempt at a retro look, I just hadn't figured out my white balance on the camera at this point :(



Here's a some lego trains I built.  Deliberately retro this time as I was using the first generation - blue era system.




Here are some links to the excellent sites that help me indulge this hobby:

www.peeron.com - an inventory and instruction scan of nearly every lego set ever made.

bricklink.com - the insane world of second hand lego.  Buy a single piece or buy a thousand.

www.mocpages.com - show off the masterpieces you have built.  A great site for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment